At Merit Apprenticeship Alliance, we believe in opportunity, professional growth, job security and career happiness. We know that it takes the right blend of talent, knowledge, service and experience to tackle some of the biggest and toughest jobs in the construction industry.
MACTI, the education affiliate of the Alliance, provides NYSDOL approved classroom instruction for registered apprenticeship programs in the Laborer, Carpentry, Operating Engineer, Ironworker, Cement Mason, Pipefitter, and Millwright trades. Our instructors are vital to the delivery of quality driven, safe, effective classroom training.
MACTI employs instructors as direct employees on a part-time basis. Our instructors must meet the following requirements: Possess a high school diploma or GED, Document at least 5 years of verifiable trade experience at a journey level or higher, 1 year supervisory or construction management experience or 2 years teaching experience, and be approved by MACTI, and have successfully completed the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) course. Any candidate who successfully completes the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) delivered by MACTI and who successfully teaches as least one full course for MACTI will be reimbursed the full course fee ($175). The NCCER ICTP will be offered again Summer 2022.
INSTRUCTOR - TEACHING
onworker - New Jersey
Ironworker - Long Island
Carpenter - Long Island
Operator - Central New York
For more information, contact Stacy Miller at Stacy@MeritAlliance.org.
At Merit Apprenticeship Alliance, we believe in opportunity, professional growth, job security, and career happiness. Since 2007, Merit Apprenticeship Alliance has been the most reliable and experienced multi-employer apprenticeship program sponsor for open-shop/merit-shop contractors employing carpenters, operators, laborers, ironworkers, and cement masons.
We are seeking an Office/Marketing Specialist to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong attention to detail, and like dogs? The Office/Marketing Coordinator is a hybrid position that includes administrative work and marketing responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a team-orientated environment, demonstrates good time management and problem-solving skills, and has experience with MS365 (all suites), WordPress, SEOs and databases, website design/marketing, and social media management.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• Professional Development Assistance
• Work closely with the team to enhance our online presence (websites, social media) and create effective tools for engagement between the Alliance, our contractors, apprentices, and the construction community.
• Coordinate and manage relationships with consultants and vendors, oversee print production, and manage all company-generated visual data.
• Support and coordinate with staff on special events
• Process and document contractor ACH tracking, annual renewal, and signatory letters.
• Monitor apprentices’ hour and wage progressions, and notify HR and respective contractors.
• Oversee/enter Blue Book entries – verify hours, and communicate trip increments for wages to contractors. a. Advise HR of wage increases to ensure accurate PCT files.
• Prepare and submit apprentices' travel and tool reimbursement claims via the Merit Training Trust (MTT) Purchase Order (PO) forms for third-party reimbursement.
• Process apprentice assignment forms to contractors.
• Process hotel/travel arrangements for apprentices, instructors, and staff per direction.
• Sharepoint invites to prospective contractor partners.
• Provide requested reports and documentation to the President, Board, and other authorized individuals as needed.
• Support other staff as requested.