At Merit Apprenticeship Alliance, we believe in opportunity, professional growth, job security and career happiness. We know that it takes the right blend of talent, knowledge, service and experience to tackle some of the biggest and toughest jobs in the construction industry.
MACTI, the education affiliate of the Alliance, provides NYSDOL approved classroom instruction for registered apprenticeship programs in the Laborer, Carpentry, Operating Engineer, Ironworker, Cement Mason, Pipefitter, and Millwright trades. Our instructors are vital to the delivery of quality driven, safe, effective classroom training.
MACTI employs instructors as direct employees on a part-time basis. Our instructors must meet the following requirements: Possess a high school diploma or GED, Document at least 5 years of verifiable trade experience at a journey level or higher, 1 year supervisory or construction management experience or 2 years teaching experience, and be approved by MACTI, and have successfully completed the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) course. Any candidate who successfully completes the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) delivered by MACTI and who successfully teaches as least one full course for MACTI will be reimbursed the full course fee ($175). The NCCER ICTP will be offered again Summer 2022.
INSTRUCTOR - TEACHING
None at this time. Please check back as the Alliance is growing! For more information, contact Stacy Miller at Stacy@MeritAlliance.org.
Do you have a background in commercial construction? Are you keen to helping other develop good construction skills? Do you like working with contractors? Our mission is to connect high quality contractors with ambitious apprentices - the industry wins!
We have a career track "business development" position available in Central NY for you! Based out of East Syracuse, we are looking for a good natured (love a good laugh), eager and organized individual to take on business development and regional management in the upstate New York region.
The job involves...
• Identifying and meeting with prospective clients
• Participating in business development efforts (attend association events, collaborating on marketing strategies, outreach efforts, etc.).
• Attending Career Days/Job Fair events in local region
• Working with our HR department for recruitment, evaluation, selection and placement of temporary staff
• Conducting site visits with clients (at least 2 site visits per week).
• Updating program data and information accurately to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Small, friendly (dog and people) office of 5, business casual culture with a focus on our mission. Good benefits and competitive salary offered. Interested? Send an email and let's talk!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Commission pay
Willingness to travel:
• 50% (Preferred)
For more information, contact Risa Ennis at HR@MeritAlliance.org