On the Job Training
The Alliance provides apprentices with a comprehensive training that addresses the nature and scope of the work of the trade – and provides the apprentices with competitive wages and benefits. The Alliance partners with only the most qualified contractor who are truly committed to the advancement of apprentices to the level of skilled journey craft worker.
Cost Effective ApprenticeshipThe contractor’s only role is to provide apprentices safe quality driven on the job training (OJT) mentored by exceptionally skilled journey workers.
We do the rest!The Alliance manages all aspects of the apprenticeship program, specifically, we:
- Rotate apprentices’ OJT assignments among contractors to provide the full scope of on the job training, as required by the NYSDOL
- Maintain a customized database to provide detailed performance reports for contractors
- Coordinate and fund all related classroom instruction and safety training
- Provide apprentices’ benefits (health insurance, training, pension, etc.)
- Monitor apprentices’ progress and work in concert with the NYSDOL to ensure compliance