Contractor Minimum RequirementsAny contractor who provides direct labor on a construction project, regardless of the firm’s size or business volume, may be eligible to partner with the Alliance. The Alliance will partner with only those firms who have a demonstrated commitment to safety, construction excellence, productivity, employee management and community involvement.
- Be able to provide quality on-the-job training mentored by skilled journey level workers in at least one apprenticeship program offered by the Alliance
- Maintain an effective safety and health program and a three-year average Experience Modification Rate (EMR) of 1.0 or less
- Commit to a harassment prevention policy
- Agree to employ at least one apprentice for an average of no less than 500 hours per year
- Demonstrate financial viability and possess adequate equity and capital to maintain operations into the foreseeable future
- Present a valid general liability certificate with limits of no less than $2 million aggregate