Minimum Requirements to qualify for an ApprenticeshipNo previous experience required! This is all about learning to do things safely, correctly and effectively. Apprentices will be provided on-the-job training in the specific trade program in which they are enrolled. Minimum education levels are required. Basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools of construction is helpful but not necessary. Applicants are required to:
- Sign an affidavit stating that they are physically capable of performing the work required; including working from ladders and scaffolds and in confined spaces. (NOTE: Costs for medical examination, if required, are at the expense of the employer/sponsor)
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License as apprentices may be required to operate vehicles owned by the construction employer(s).
- Provide their own reliable transportation to and from the participating employer’s place of business, job site and to all related instruction.
- As a condition of continued enrollment, pass a drug test and be subject to random drug testing.
- Willing to travel within the designated NYS geographic region for the purpose of successfully completing on the job training through employment assignments.
- Agree to attend related instruction provided in the NYS geographic region in full compliance with the sponsor’s policies.